Pull the elements from the backlog and place them on the template.
- In the „1” box, you can put only one element – this will be the top priority item
- In the „3” box, you can put only three elements
- In the „5” box, you can put only five elements
- Everything else will be considered as „lower priority items”
- Start from the top and find the first the most important element
- If you have trouble with finding only one – put top three of them in the „3” box and decide later
- You can temporarily forget about the limits, and put more items in boxes, and move less important items to a box below, but in the end – limits must be respected
- After populating all three boxes – take a look at the remaining elements – maybe there is still something more important?
- It makes a lot of sense, to prepare a proposal first, before discussing in bigger group
- It works great especially for limited budget
When to use this method
- when your team is overloaded with tasks, and you need to limit work in progress
- applicable to personal task board as well
Are you ready to continue?
click here to go to next method – Bucket Prioritization